The Home Care Association of New Hampshire advocates on behalf of home care agencies and the clients we serve through our affiliate, the Granite State Home Health Association. State House advocacy is coordinated by the Association’s CEO and our lobbying firm, Sheehan Phinney Capitol Group. Federal advocacy is coordinated by the Association’s CEO in collaboration with the National Association for Home Care & Hospice and the Visiting Nurse Associations of America.
Legislative positions are guided by a Legislative Policy Statement that recommended by our Legislative Committee and approved annually by the Association’s Board of Directors.
New Year: New Session
There’s lots to do as New Hampshire and the country prepare for new administrations. We need to introduce ourselves, and the issues we are passionate about, to our
new leaders. We hope YOU will get involved! Consider hosting a legislative breakfast. We can tell you how. Take a look at our quick guide on hosting a legislative breakfast.
The Home Care Association of New Hampshire (HCANH) has represented the patients and employees before the New Hampshire General Court (House and Senate) and various state agencies since its founding in 1974. Advocacy remains a central element of our mission.
- Who is my state legislator?
- Contact List: New Hampshire State Senators
- Find My State Rep: NH State Representatives by name or town
- Contact List: New Hampshire Reps. -Download Excel
- General Tips for Contacting State Legislators– .pdf
- webinar on Using Social Media for Home Care Advocacy – Produced by the Council of States
- Grassroots Activity- Legislative Breakfast
- Adopted Rule HeW 553 712016
- General Tips for Contacting Legislators
- GSHHA CFI Presentation for Senate Finance Committee
- GSHHA Testimony on SB 8. House Finance Committee
- 2015 Policy Statement
- Forum of State Medicare Part D Letter
- When Friends & Family Aren't Enough Brochure
- How to strengthen relations with legislators
Contact Information for New Hampshire’s Delegation
- Call to Action on Resolving the State Budget Impasse
- Op- Ed Agree or Override by Gina Balkus, CEO Home Care Association of New Hampshire
- Op-Ed by CEO Gina Balkus: Frail seniors shouldn’t pay price for balanced budget
- Background on Senate Bill 8 for Advocates
- Article in Union Leader on CFI Funding
- What Can Members Do?
- Granite State Home Care Association Presentation to Finance Committee
- Testimony from GSHHA on SB 8
- Gov. Hassan Press Release Re: Restoration of Nursing Home Funds