- August 17, 2017
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Review and discuss the FY2018 hospice final rule, and provide a comprehensive update of CMS’ plans and timelines for the hospice quality reporting program including public reporting and a comprehensive patient assessment instrument (HEART). Comments related to concerns CMS has over the source of clinical information used in certifying the terminal illness and comments related to monitoring activities will be discussed. Presenter will also provide tips for managing towards the future.
- Outline payment and aggregate cap changes
- Outline hospice quality reporting updates
- Discuss various aspects of the Hospice Quality Reporting Program and anticipated future activities
- Review CMS’ concerns about the source and timing of clinical information used in certifying patients
- Review CMS’ comments regarding monitoring activities
- Share thoughts about the future and tips for managing towards the future
Katie Wehri, CHC, CHPC, has over 24 years of experience in the hospice, home health, private duty, and palliative care. She has an extensive background in health care regulation and accreditation standards interpretation; compliance and quality assessment; performance improvement; and opening and expanding sites for both home health and hospice organizations. She has been consulting in these areas since 2009.
Member rate is $169.00 – Non-members $269.00. The recording is available to at no additional cost.
The presenters and program planners have no conflict of interest in regard to this webinar. RNs and LPNs must participate in the entire presentation for contact hours to be awarded. To apply for nursing contact hours, please mail an evaluation form and completed sign-in sheet, listing the individuals at your facility that participated and noting those requesting contact hours.