- September 19, 2017
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Gain an understanding of proper wound coding for all types of wounds. Review new guidance from 2018 Final Rule & Coding Clinic Q&As.
- Understand the proper code assignment for different types of wounds, lesions, and ulcers
- Review how reimbursement for wounds in captured through diagnostic codes and M items, dehiscence, post-op complications, and ostomies
- Discuss case studies including pressure and stasis ulcers, surgical and trauma wounds
- How to code an evolving pressure ulcer
- How to code non-pressure ulcer with necrosis
- Discuss complex cases including wound vac, wounds healing through secondary intention, skin grafts, and PICC lin
The presenters and program planners have no conflict of interest regarding this webinar. RNs and LPNs must participate in the entire presentation for contact hours to be awarded. To apply for nursing contact hours, please mail an evaluation form and a completed sign-in sheet, listing the individuals at your facility that participated and noting those requesting contact hours.
Individuals requesting contact hours will receive a certificate of contact hours earned. Please make sure that you enter the Contact Person’s name in the Registration Form. All correspondence and site registration information will be sent to this person. No commercial support has been provided for this program.
Joan Usher, BS, RHIA, ACE, President, JLU Health Record Systems is a nationally recognized AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM trainer. Joan has a degree in Health Information Management and has been a home health con- sultant for over 28 years. She has educated more than 15,000 people in nationwide on coding. Joan is past president of the Massachusetts Health Information Management Association (MaHIMA) and has served three years as a delegate for American Health Information Management Assn (AHIMA). Usher is a Board of Director of Hospice & Palliative Care Federation of MA. Joan’s webinars consistently earn outstanding reviews from participants.
Member rate is $169.00 – Non-members $269.00
Webinar – Tuesday, September 19