Affinity Group for Hospice Administrators
Affinity Groups bring together staff from member organizations who share similar responsibilities. They gather to discuss issues common to their area of work and offer advice to the Alliance staff.This is your time to hear from colleagues and share challenges and successes! Won’t you join us?
Hospice Administrator Handouts
Please join us on September 12th by phone.
Call in # 1 319 527 3512 access code – 610342
September 2018 Meeting
Of note is the CMS focus this year on the role of the hospice medical director vs hospice physicians. Making titles and responsibilities clear in job descriptions and Org Charts has become more important than ever. I am attaching the NHPCO Tip Sheet for the role of the physician and the Hospice Medicare Conditions of Participation sections designed for the CMS surveyors to help guide you if you need to update documents for your program.
Welcome and introductions ~ Janice
- Alliance Merger and transition updates – Q & A ~ Janice
- Legislative Updates – Licensing Rules
- Recent survey activity ~ all
- Medical Director and Hospice Physician job descriptions
- New rule – PA’s in Hospice ~ all
- Palliative Sedation policies ~ all
- Opioid Use and disposal issues ~ all
- Fall conference – Nov.15
Next meeting – Oct?