Working with the COVID-19 Patient in Home Health: What do OTs and PTs need to know?
Date Recorded: April 7, 2021
To qualify for CEUs, the online evaluation must be submitted.
It is linked here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PTOT4COVID19
- Be able to help their patients better understand how the COVID-19 virus invades the body.
- Be able to describe effects of prolonged loss of mobility, as may be seen in patients coming out of the ICU after COVID-19
- Be able to describe effects of COVID 19 on important organ systems, such as cardiopulmonary, neurological, and digestive system functions
- Understand special considerations for patients with co-morbidities, such as COPD, heart disease, and diabetes.
- Be able to use the knowledge from the above objectives to design safe and effective rehabilitation programs to aid their COVID-19 patients recovery
Presenter: Ernest Roy, PT, DPT, is the Home Care Therapy Team Leader for Pemi-Baker Community Health, in Plymouth, NH. He is a certified Chronic Care Management Trainer and has been certified as a Strength & Conditioning Specialist from the National Strength and Conditioning Association. Ernie has extensive experience in a variety of roles, including Acute Care, Outpatient, Home Health and Industrial Rehabilitation. He has been in practice as a Physical Therapists for 30 years.
This program was approved by the New Hampshire Physical Therapy Association for CEH/CEU credit for approval. Information provided in this program should be used within the scope of practice.
Webinars below are for informational purposes only, and no longer qualify for CEU credits through the NH PT Association.