NH Medicaid has delayed roll-out of Step 2 of its care management program. The most recent timeline was January 1, 2015 for mandatory populations (including Katie Beckett kids) and April 1 for Choices for Independence and Nursing Facility clients. At last week’s Governor’s Commission on Medicaid Care Management, Commissioner Toumpas announced that enrollment for the above groups would be postponed to July 1, 2015, with the Managed Care Organizations assuming responsibility for coverage on September 1, 2015. There is still no set date for care management for Medicaid enrollees with developmental disabilities or acquired brain injuries.
NH DHHS conducted 28 Stakeholder Engagement Sessions during the summer and has issued a summary of those sessions. In addition, Toumpas answered many of the key CFI-related questions in his MCM Commission presentation.
- DHHS will still determine eligibility for CFI, but the MCOs will coordinate care and authorize services.
- MCOs may contract with current case managers for care coordination
- Existing CFI service authorizations will be honored until their expiration date.
- Any service reductions must be approved by DHHS.
- In year 1, all CFI providers will be offered MCO contracts at the prevailing DHHS CFI rates.
The Bureau of Elderly and Adult Services is seeking additional input from stakeholders on draft plans. Five stakeholder sessions have been scheduled:
- 12/1 – Brown Building Auditorium, Concord, 1:30pm
- 12/2 – Keene Public Library, 1:30pm
- 12/8 – Genesis Health Care, Lebanon 1:00pm
- 12/10 – Littleton Area Senior Center, 12:45pm
- 12/16 – Brown Building Auditorium, Concord, 1:30pm
HCANH members that provide CFI services are encouraged to attend a session. You can also submit comments via email to beasMCMstep2@dhhs.state.nh.us