Months after HCANH formally requested data regarding the dollar value of F2F denials for New England states, National Government Services (NGS) released state-specific 2014 data to home care associations in the region.
From January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014, New Hampshire’s Medicare-certified agencies had the following:
- 35,524 home health claims submitted for payment
- $70,686,586 in charges for claims submitted
- 1,712 claims reviewed by NGS Medical Review (4.8% of claims)
- $3,641,126 in charges on claims reviewed
- 761 claims denied in full for F2F documentation reasons
- $2,079,487 in charges denied F2F reasons
- F2F denied charges amounted to 57% of reviewed charges
- 1542 denials appealed by home health agencies
HCANH is coordinating our questions and responses to NGS with the other New England state home care associations, and we’ll be sharing this info with our Congressional delegation during visits to Capitol Hill in mid-September.