CMS is accepting nominations until March 8 for providers to join a Technical Expert Panel (TEP) that will help develop and implement standardized post-acute care quality measures. These measures will be used to evaluate care provided in dual eligible programs, managed long-term services and supports and the Medicaid Innovation Accelerator program.
The panel will assist CMS and its contractor to:
- Identify and prioritize candidate measures and measure concepts for development
- Develop and refine measure specifications for priority measures
- Conduct alpha and beta testing to evaluate measure importance, feasibility, usability, and scientific acceptability
- Submit measures to the National Quality Forum for endorsement
- Assist CMS with an implementation strategy
Nominees for the panel could be long-term services and supports providers, patient and beneficiary advocates, clinicians familiar with the needs of dual eligible patients and any individual with relevant subject matter expertise. The TEP is convened twice per year via conference call and members will be expected to commit approximately two hours prior to each meeting to review meeting materials.Apply Now