All eyes are on the presidential race, but a dramatic set of state senate races has also begun to emerge. Click on the candidate’s names to learn more about those seeking office in your district. Your challenge: Get to know your State Senator — before you ever need to ask for his or her vote on an issue. Campaign season is a perfect time to get the attention of Senate candidates.
Here are some suggestions for agency leaders:
- Attend a “meet and greet” with the State Senate candidates in your area. Many Chambers of Commerce host these types of events.
- Ask a health-related question at the event.
- Introduce yourself and offer to share insights on issues that affect healthcare and vulnerable populations.
- Invite the State Senate candidates to meet with your management team or your Board of Directors.
- Ask the candidates to share their position on health care issues.
- Share the challenges your agency faces in caring for vulnerable citizens
- Check out the candidates’ website in advance so you have a sense of their perspectives.
- Arrange for your Senate candidates to shadow a provider on a Medicaid or CFI home visit so that they can better understand the services your agency provides.
New Hampshire State Senate Candidates
Not sure which district your town is in? Click on Who’s My Senator to see who your current NH State Senator is and the district number for your town.