BIG NEWS! CMS Issues 1135 Blanket Waiver with Hospice Provisions and an Interim Final Rule with Hospice F2F
Here is the press release and the link:
Hospice-specific fact sheet on COVID-19 Flexibilities: https://www.cms.gov/files/document/covid-hospices.pdf
- List of waivers: https://www.cms.gov/files/document/summary-covid-19-emergency-declaration-waivers.pdf
- Press Release: https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/press-releases/trump-administration-makes-sweeping-regulatory-changes-help-us-healthcare-system-address-covid-19
- Additional background information on the waivers and rule changes, go to: https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/fact-sheets/additional-backgroundsweeping-regulatory-changes-help-us-healthcare-system-address-covid-19-patient
- For more information on the COVID-19 waivers and guidance, and the Interim Final Rule, please go to the CMS COVID-19 flexibilities webpage: https://www.cms.gov/about-cms/emergency-preparedness-response-operations/current-emergencies/coronavirus-waivers.
In addition, today CMS issued an interim final rule with implementing guidance for various COVID-19 details, including guidance for hospice face-to-face. We are also analyzing this further.
Key Point: I just wanted to highlight the information on page 74, stating that there is “no payment beyond the per diem amount for the use of technology in providing services under the hospice benefit. For the purposes of the hospice claim submission, only in-person visits (with the exception of social work telephone calls) should be reported on the claim.”
We have already heard from CMS tonight about these changes and they look forward to our comments. Our work to change this policy will continue and we thank you in advance for your help.
Here are the links:
Interim Final Rule:
- Press release: https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/press-releases/trump-administration-makes-sweeping-regulatory-changes-help-us-healthcare-system-address-covid-19
- IFC posted on cms.gov website: https://www.cms.gov/about-cms/emergency-preparedness-response-operations/current-emergencies/coronavirus-waivers
You are invited to join CMS Administrator Seema Verma and agency officials for a National Stakeholder Call: COVID-19 on Tuesday, March 31st at 12:00 PM EST to learn more about CMS’s temporary actions announced today to empower local hospitals and healthcare systems.
Please see dial-in details below. Conference lines are limited, so we highly encourage you to join via audio webcast, either on your computer or smartphone web browser. You are welcome to share this invitation with your colleagues and membership.
Participant Dial In: 877-251-0301
Conference ID: 7786289
Audio Webcast: https://protect2.fireeye.com/url?k=56ba1b23-0aee3208-56ba2a1c-0cc47a6d17cc-5cccd974ae4ce7ee&u=https://engage.vevent.com/rt/cms2/index.jsp?seid=1754
Please let us know if there are any questions by emailing NHPCO at email@example.com
Judi Lund Person, MPH, CHC
Vice President, Regulatory and Compliance
Direct line: (703) 837-3122
Main: (703) 837-1500