COVID-19 Update July 21, 2020
- The NH Medicaid program shall provide coverage and reimbursement for health service delivered through tele medicine at the same reimbursement as for health care services provided in person.One caveat is that Medicaid tele health services must be consistent with state and federal laws and regulations. Those laws and regs supersede the tele health law.
- All commercial health insurers in NH must cover tele health services at the same reimbursement as for health services provided in person.
- The reimbursement affects all modes of tele health, including video and audio, audio-only,or other modes of telecommunications furnished by the provider.
- Covered providers include registered nurses employed by licensed home health care providers, and allied health professionals, including PT, OT and SPT.
- The law creates a Commission to Study Tele health. Our affiliate, the Granite State Home Health & Hospice Association, has a designated seat on the Commission.
- Key parts of the law take effect 60 days from today, or upon expiration of EO #8, whichever is sooner