This year has been uncharted territory for all of us. The Alliance is proud to represent New Hampshire’s home care, hospice and palliative care providers who never wavered in caring during this unprecedented pandemic. I am equally proud of how our team shifted gears on advocacy, education, and networking to help you navigate this new terrain. Our goal has been to support you any way we can.
As challenges and uncertainties stretch into 2021, here are some of the ways the Alliance will continue to work for you:
- Advocacy: We will stay on top of federal and state regulatory changes, COVID guidelines, vaccination efforts, and financial support, not to mention regular legislation in Washington and Concord. We will filter important information to you through the Alliance COVID-19 Update, Alliance Insider, and Legislative Bulletin.
- Education: Organizations with a culture of learning thrive. We will provide top-notch education that is geared to your Whether it’s dementia training (free exclusively for members,) home care and hospice regulations, clinical topics, leadership development, hospice volunteer programs, or our popular Home Health Aide newsletter, our programs are timely, targeted, and affordable. Our partnerships with national and regional organizations entitle our members to valuable discounts.
- Networking: You and your team are not alone. While we can’t meet in person, the Alliance’s many affinity groups will meet remotely so your staff can share challenges, brainstorm new ideas and learn best practices from each other and invited speakers.
- Services: The Alliance’s Workers’ Compensation Insurance Program with USI and AmTrust remains one of most valuable member benefits with premium discounts, industry-specific risk management, and dividend rebates. Members can also participate in a regional Wage & Salary Survey and a Vacancy & Turnover Survey. New for 2021 is a PPE purchasing partnership.
- Community Engagement: We will share just how valuable you are to Granite Staters. The Alliance is active in innumerable stakeholder groups on legislative issues, staff shortages, healthy aging, regulatory policy, and with other health care entities. Our goal is to nurture an understanding of home care, hospice, and palliative care to elevate the important work you do.
The Alliance is here for you, and we would not be here without you. I invite you to renew your commitment to the Alliance for 2021. Here’s how:
- Review the Provider Member Policies.
- Complete the attached Membership Application.
- 2021 Alliance AGENCY Application
- 2021_Application PALLIATIVE CARE
- 2021 AFFILIATE Membership Form
- Update information on services and key contacts. We need this info to update email lists.
- Refer to 2021 Alliance Dues. Appendix A.10.28.20 for your dues category and calculate your dues based on gross revenue.
- Choose a payment plan.
- The CEO must sign the application.
- Return the application and initial payment BEFORE January 1st, 2021 to 8 Green Street, Suite 2, Concord, NH 03301.
- You may email the application, separate from payment, to email@example.com. An invoice for the initial payment is available upon request. Credit card payments are accepted, but there will be a 3.5% additional fee.
We value your membership and look forward to your participation in 2021 and beyond. If you have any questions about your membership, please call me at 603-225-5597.
Thank you to you and your team for all you do!
Best wishes for a safe and restful holiday season,
Chief Executive Officer