Funding for New Hampshire’s Choices for Independence program is a top legislative priority for the Alliance in the Legislative Session. We know that agencies are doing their best to deliver necessary services, but staffing issues, low reimbursement and COVID-19 have resulted in gaps of CFI care. It’s important that legislators learn how important CFI is, what needs to be done to keep the program sustainable.
To help advocate for CFI, the Alliance is launching an effort to give voice to CFI clients and their caregivers through storytelling. We need your help in gathering their stories.
We are looking for 30-60 second videos clips, shot recorded on mobile phones, featuring CFI clients or professional caregivers. These video clips will be combined into short videos that we will share on our website and with legislators.
Here are questions we hope individuals might address:
Questions for CFI Clients
- What does your CFI caregiver do for you?
- What happens on a day when a caregiver can’t come to help you?
- What would happen if you didn’t have any CFI services?
Questions for CFI Professional Caregivers?
- Why are you a professional caregiver?
- What is a workday like for you?
- There are other service jobs that may pay more. Why do you stay in professional caregiving?
- When shooting a video clip, have the person say their first name only and city or town where live. Caregivers should say what their position is.
- Use you your agency’s standard consent form. Add this line:
- “This video clip may be used by Home Care, Hospice & Palliative Care Alliance or the Granite State Home Health and Hospice Association for advocacy purposes.”
- Email the video clips to Leslie Hammond at firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of February. If you have trouble sending it, contact Leslie for Drop Box , WeTransfer or Google drive information.
- This is an example: https://youtu.be/xvWTZZ5m59Y, yours wouldn’t be this long though.