- August 15, 2017
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Cybercrime is one of the top economic crimes in the world, with cost estimates soon to reach into the trillions. Not only have victim demographics expanded from the large well-known organizations to the small and mid-sized, healthcare providers are now a consistent target. The recent ransomware attacks, and threats of more to come, have raised questions regarding security and available protection mechanisms.
This webinar will review the critical areas of concern within your environment, provide insight, and offer tools to defend against these attacks. It will also focus on recovery and the importance of preparing for data loss.
- Types of Security Attacks
- Symptoms of an Attack
- Common Methods Used to Infiltrate Networks
- Importance of a Security-Minded Network Design
- Methods to Control Data Flow to Reduce Risks
- Vulnerable Areas and How Those Risks Relate to Your Environment
- Malware Protection Mechanisms and Deployment
- Monitoring, Alerting and Prevention Methods
- Impact of Data Loss and Ways to Mitigate the Risk
- Data Restoration Methods and the Importance of a Working Data-Protection Policy
- List of trusted online analysis tools
- Reference websites
- General security assessment checklist
Presenter: Ricky Smith is the President of Innovative Business Technologies, a SOC II compliant Cloud Service Provider and Managed IT Service organization that works primarily with healthcare providers. Prior to IBT, Ricky spent 11 years with the homecare and hospice product group, McKesson Information Solutions. As Director of Technical Services, he became passionate about IT’s ability to facilitate patient care. In addition to 19 years in IT health-care, Ricky spent several years as systems engineer and telecommunications technician in a high-profile financial and chemical engineering sector. Ongoing research on technology trends, as it relates to healthcare providers, allows him to maintain expertise in data security, compliance, business continuity and risk.
Registration Fee: Member rate is $169.00 – Non-members $269.00. The live webinar includes the opportunity to ask questions of the presenters, however there is no additional fee for the recording. Recording of this webinar available through Sept. 15, 2017.
Continuing Education: The presenter and program planners have no conflict of interest regarding this webinar. To apply for contact hours, please mail an evaluation form and a completed sign-in sheet, listing the individuals at your facility that participated and noting those requesting contact hours. No commercial support has been provided for this program.