- April 21, 2020
11:30 am - 12:00 pm
Please join us on Tuesday, April 21st at 11:30 am.
The call might be 30 minutes or up to an hour – it all depends on the conversation!
Call – 1 319 527 3512 code 610342#
Discussion on our last call included:
- The pandemic of fear has changed our world and how we see it.
- The staff over age 60 are trying to avoid in-person visits.
- Facilities are not letting Chaplains visit, but one program has found success with having another staff member visit and call the chaplain to talk to the patient while they are there
- People caring for someone at home seem to be more receptive to support calls as well as patients/families who met the Chaplain in-person before the pandemic
- Funeral/religious ceremony options and family traditions interrupted including some suggestions for how to give the family or other staff members the “tools” to provide readings and anointing
- Role of the Chaplain in providing staff support now included calls to staff and volunteers, daily team calls – preferably with audiovisual capability. Also newsletters and daily/weekly reflections or quotes sent to staff and volunteers
Hospital Chaplains Try to Keep the Faith During the Coronavirus Pandemic – The New York Times: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/health/coronavirus-chaplains-hospitals.html