- September 11, 2019
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Clearly there will be big changes in 2020. This webinar goes beyond providing your staff with the code changes for October 1st and combines the impact to home health case mix as well as a review of the coding guideline changes. Join us for practical advice and Test Your Knowledge Cases highlighting the changes.
- Identify the coding changes that affect home health & hospice
- Determine which codes now require greater specificity
- New cannabis use & dependence codes
- New codes added for cerebral infarction
- Learn the extensive additions to Chapter 2 Neoplasms which affect home health & hospice patients
- Major revisions to Chapter 19 Injury, Poisoning and Other certain other consequences of external causes including post-operative infections (T81) which are expanding from 3 codes to 15 options; sepsis following procedure; additional drug poisonings
- Changes to therapy diagnosis coding such as Muscular Dystrophy; myalgia
- Updates to abscess of the anal & rectal regions
- Review changes to case mix diagnoses that may affect reimbursement
- Review updates & changes to coding guidelines effective October 1, 2018
- Discuss Test Your Knowledge cases to illustrate the new coding changes
Continuing Education: The presenters and program planners have no conflict of interest regarding this webinar. RNs and LPNs must participate in the entire presentation for contact hours to be awarded. To apply for nursing contact hours, please e-mail a typed list, and attach an evaluation form and a completed sign-in sheet, listing the individuals at your facility that participated and noting those requesting contact hours.
Individuals requesting contact hours will receive a certificate of contact hours earned. Please make sure that you enter the Contact Person’s name in the Registration Form. All correspondence and site registration information will be sent to this person. No commercial support has been provided for this program.
Presenter: Joan Usher, BS, RHIA, HCS-D, ACE, President, JLU Health Record Systems is a nationally recognized AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM trainer and certified Home Care Coding Specialist – Diagnosis coder from the Association of Home Care Coding and Compliance (AHCC). Joan has a degree in Health Information Management and has been a home health consultant for over 30 years. She has educated more than 20,000 people in nationwide on coding. Joan is past president of the Massachusetts Health Information Management Association (MaHIMA) and active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Usher is a Board of Director of Hospice & Palliative Care of MA and a past Board of Director Home Care Alliance of MA. Joan’s webinars consistently earn outstanding reviews from participants.
Registration Fee: Member rate is $169.00 – Non-members $269.00