- September 11, 2019
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Primary diagnosis changes and more could be overlooked under PDGM changes. Be ready!
Clearly there will be big changes in 2020. This webinar goes beyond providing your staff with the code changes for October 1st and combines the impact to home health case mix as well as a review of the coding guideline changes.
More than 324 code changes take effect for FY 2020 along with 273 new codes, 21 code deletions and 30 code title revisions and hundreds of changes in the tabular list for coding instructions. This webinar goes beyond providing your staff with the code changes for October 1st and combines the impact of the updated coding guidelines. Any updated codes impacting PDGM, effective January 1, 2020, will also be reviewed. Class is suitable for home health & hospice. Join us for practical advice and Test Your Knowledge Cases highlighting the changes.
- Identify the coding changes that affect home health & hospice
- Determine which codes now require greater specificity & updated coding instructions Some highlights include:
- Learn about the NEW deep tissue injury codes
- Understand the additions to Chapter 9:
- Diseases of the Circulatory System including additional codes added for Afib, phlebitis, embolism, and thrombosis
- Review the revisions to Chapter 19
- Injury, Poisoning and Other certain other consequences of external causes in the areas of poisoning adverse effects and underdosing
- Review updates & changes to coding guidelines effective October 1, 2019
- Discuss Test Your Knowledge cases to illustrate the new coding changes
Continuing Education: The presenters and program planners have no conflict of interest regarding this webinar. RNs and LPNs must participate in the entire presentation for contact hours to be awarded. To apply for nursing contact hours, please e-mail a typed list, and attach an evaluation form and a completed sign-in sheet, listing the individuals at your facility that participated and noting those requesting contact hours.
Individuals requesting contact hours will receive a certificate of contact hours earned. Please make sure that you enter the Contact Person’s name in the Registration Form. All correspondence and site registration information will be sent to this person. No commercial support has been provided for this program.
Presenter: Joan Usher, BS, RHIA, HCS-D, ACE, President, JLU Health Record Systems is a nationally recognized AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM trainer and certified Home Care Coding Specialist – Diagnosis coder from the Association of Home Care Coding and Compliance (AHCC). Joan has a degree in Health Information Management and has been a home health consultant for over 30 years. She has educated more than 20,000 people in nationwide on coding. Joan is past president of the Massachusetts Health Information Management Association (MaHIMA) and active member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). Usher is a Board of Director of Hospice & Palliative Care of MA and a past Board of Director Home Care Alliance of MA. Joan’s webinars consistently earn outstanding reviews from participants.
Printable registration form: Member_Coding Update2020 NH
Registration Fee: Member rate is $169.00 – Non-members $269.00