- November 16, 2017
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
There are less than two months to complete preparations to be in full compliance with the long-awaited new Medicare Home Health Conditions of Participation that require full implementation on January 13, 2018. There will be no more delays, so if you have been counting on that happening, time is up! This 90- minute webinar will provide a summary of the major changes in the CoPs that affect patient care, personnel responsibilities, and new administrative roles and responsibilities for the Governing Body, Agency Administrator and Clinical Manager.
Primary focus will be on the changes and needs related to:
- Expanded contents of Patient Rights (484.50)
- The expanded interdisciplinary comprehensive assessment content (484.55)
- Expanded interdisciplinary focus on developing and updating individualized care plans including involvement of the patient and any patient representative that might apply as well as options for demonstrating coordination among the entire home health staff and all physicians involved in the patient’s care. (484.60)
- Changes in the Conditions related to professional services (484.75)
- New requirements for home health aide assignments, care plans and supervision (484.80)
- Organization and administration of services with focus on branch office requirements and the role of the governing body (484.105)
- Qualifications and role expectations for governing body, administrators and clinical managers (484.115)
Continuing Education: The presenters and program planners have no conflict of interest regarding this webinar. RNs and LPNs must participate in the entire presentation for contact hours to be awarded. To apply for nursing contact hours, please mail an evaluation form and a completed sign-in sheet, listing the individuals at your facility that participated and noting those requesting contact hours.
Individuals requesting contact hours will receive a certificate of contact hours earned. Please make sure that you enter the Contact Person’s name in the Registration Form. All correspondence and site registration information will be sent to this person. No commercial support has been provided for this program.
Presenter: Judy Adams, RN, BSN, HCS-D, AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM Trainer, Adams Home Care Consulting, Inc. is a well-known health care consultant and speaker with over 30 years of healthcare experience and extensive experience in home care and home health management. Judy frequently speaks nationally on home health coverage, coding, HH COPs, PPS and medical review.
Registration Fee: Member rate is $169.00 – Non-members $269.00