Online event registration and ticketing powered by Event Espresso
- February 12, 2019
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Functional Assessment and Treatment of COPD Patients: A Primer for Home Care Field Staff
- An evidence-based educational program providing insights and relevant information on assessment and treatment strategies for home care patients suffering from the effects of COPD
- Webinar presentation, scheduled for February 12 2019, from 1-2:30 pm
- Program is geared towards Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Registered Nurses, Physical Therapy Assistants, Occupational Therapy Assistants working directly with patients suffering the effects of COPD
Upon completion of the Webinar:
- Attendees will be able to provide a basic description of how healthy lungs function in normal gas exchange
- Attendees will be able to provide basic description of how COPD impairs this gas exchange function.
- Attendees will be able to describe 3 ways in which skeletal muscle function is impaired in COPD
- Attendees will be able to describe the effects of hyperinflation of the lungs on at least 3 ADL’s,
- Attendees will be able to implement at least 3 different functional field tests appropriate for assessment of COPD home health patients
- Attendees will be able to set parameters for 2 different types of home exercise program strategies appropriate for COPD home health patients
- Scope and prevalence of the condition, including risk factors
- Discussion of normal lung functions
- How COPD affects lung function
- The impact of COPD on skeletal muscle function, in particular lower extremity function.
- Evidence-based functional field tests for assessment of COPD patients.
- The impact of energy conservation techniques
- Review of exercise protocols/treatment regimens for the COPD patient.
- Practice questions
- Wrap up, questions/discussion