- July 17, 2020
2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
We have a call scheduled for tomorrow – Friday, July 17th at 2:30 pm. The call-in number is 1 319 527 3512.
This is your time to check in with peers about timely topics and share resources etc. I have two topics for your feedback:
- As you know we are waiting for the FY 2021 Hospice Wage Index final rule to be published by CMS. NHPCO and NAHC requested a delay in the proposed implementation of the election statement modifications and the addition of the addendum. The Alliance signed on to support their requests. A summary is below. Has anyone created an implementation process if the delay is not granted?
- I have a request out to Jean Acevedo and her son Chris to provide a webinar for Alliance members on Palliative Care Billing later this year. Jean is the national expert on this. How many of you would be interested in attending or having staff attend this webinar?
Director of Hospice & Palliative Care
Home Care, Hospice & Palliative Care Alliance of NH
603 225 5597
NHPCO submitted comments on the FY 2021 Hospice Wage Index and Payment Update Proposed Rule on June 9, 2020. Highlights from the NHPCO recommendations include:
- Support for the 2.6% market basket increase for FY 2021
- Support for the 5% limit for a one-year transition when a Core-Based Statistical Area (CBSA) wage index decreases.
- Delay the implementation of the election statement and addendum for at least one full year beyond the end of the COVID-19 public health emergency (PHE).
- Request additional clarification on patient death before the five day time frame to issue the addendum, who can request an addendum, and what steps to take when a patient or representative refuses to sign the addendum.
- Clarify the relationship between the addendum and the Advance Beneficiary Notice (ABN).
- Allow an electronic format for the election statement and addendum and provide guidance on electronic signatures for beneficiaries and representatives.
- Object to the addendum being identified as a condition of payment.
- Detailed recommendations on changes to both the election statement and the proposed addendum examples