- May 21, 2021
8:30 am - 9:30 am
The group agreed on a next meeting date of Friday, May 21st at 8:30 am. I will send a calendar invitation so that you can hold that time slot.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Witnessing the stress of staff on the hospice team and in LTC facilities. Absorbing that stress while trying to bring comfort, joy and dignity to staff.
- Dealing with the stress on hospice teams who have been unable to enter LTC facilities to provide proper care.
- Identifying the need for facility staff to be mentored in difficult conversations at the bedside.
- Exhaustive caseload with short term patients and high volume of deaths.
- Staff not taking time off to take care of themselves because they are “saving it” until after COVID
- Post traumatic growth
- Witnessing more substance abuse in caregivers and higher incidence of patients with history of addiction
- A feeling of not enough hospice and palliative trained peers in our state
- Trying to manage private practice along with hospice medical director responsibilities
- Needing guidance on regulatory/documentation issues
- Current Federal and state legislative issues
I have copied John and Susan on this message. Please let any of us know if you have a specific issue or topic for the May meeting.
Director of Hospice & Palliative Care
Home Care, Hospice & Palliative Care Alliance of NH
603 225 5597