- January 19, 2017
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
The coordination of various tasks within a Home Health Agency begins with the Scheduling Coordinator role. Home health Scheduling Coordinators must ensure that visits are properly staffed for all disciplines, while addressing changes and effectively communicating information in a timely manner. The role is similar to a front desk receptionist; with daily tasks that include speaking with patients, setting appointments, and / or managing timesheets. Effective management of all tasks is vital to the operations of the agency.
Kick off the New Year with a solid foundation. This webinar will reinforce the basic skills of the scheduler position and introduce new best practices that will help guide your agency to a successful year.
Who Should Attend: New and experienced Home Health Office Coordinators/Schedulers
- Provide an overview of Home Health Services
- Review staffing guidelines and payor requirements
- Develop an understanding of service plan authorizations
- Discuss the importance of monitoring required documentation
- Provide best practices for effective scheduling
- Identify scheduling’s impact on home health monthly revenue cycle
Faculty: Yolanda Riley, a director of revenue cycle management at Richter Healthcare Consultants in Twinsburg, OH. She has a long tenure in healthcare, including 10 years in hospice, and has served in a leadership role for acute, post-acute providers, and insurance carriers nationwide. She is an experienced trainer and very familiar with regulatory requirements for providers.