- November 30, 2016
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Webinar Recording Available
OASIS continues to be the single most important document in home health impacting reimbursement, quality outcomes, survey findings, and public ratings of home health agencies. CMS released the final OASIS C2 form and Guidance Manual in preparation for its mandated use for assessments beginning January 1, 2017. This is the third revision to OASIS in less than two years!
In this 90-minute webinar the presenter will:
- Review the major incentives for the changes in OASIS C2
- Review the content and intent of new OASIS C2 items
- Explain how directions in the official OASIS C2 guidance manual related to wound items will have a potentially negative impact on the home health PPS case mix and non-routine supply calculation
- Discuss the use of the new National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel definitions of pressure ulcers within OASIS
- Describe key positive and negative impacts of OASIS C2
- Identify what agencies need to do now to prepare for the implementing OASIS C2
Who Should Attend: Home Health Clinicians, Supervisors and Quality Coordinators
About the Presenter: Lisa Selman-Holman, JD, BSN, RN, HCS-D, COS-C, HCS-O, is a home care veteran with 30 years spent in home health & hospice, both as an RN and as an attorney practicing exclusively in home care. She is the owner of Selman-Holman & Associates, LLC, a full-service home care consulting firm, CoDR-Coding Done Right, a coding outsource and audit company for home health and hospice and CodePro University, on-line OASIS and ICD-10 education. Lisa is on the Homecare Coding Specialist-Diagnosis (HCS-D) and Homecare Clinical Specialist-OASIS (HCS-O) national advisory boards for the Board of Medical Specialty Coding and Compliance, and is a BMSCC-approved educator. She is an AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CMS Trainer.
Registration Fee: Member rate is $159.00 – Non-members $259.00. Indicate if you will be calling into the live webinar or purchasing the audio recording (fee is the same).
Continuing Education: The presenters and program planners have no conflict of interest in regard to this webinar. RNs and LPNs must participate in the entire presentation in order for contact hours to be awarded. Send in a completed sign-in sheet, listing the individuals at your facility that participated and noting those requesting contact hours. Individuals requesting contact hours will receive a certificate of contact hours earned. Please make sure that you enter the Contact Person’s name in the Registration Form. All correspondence and site registration information will be sent to this person. No commercial support has been provided for this program.