- Managing By Data
January 12, 2016
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Survey & Certification
January 26, 2016
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Winning the Medicare Triple Crown
February 9, 2016
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Tuesdays, January 12, 26 & February 9
2:00 to 3:00 pm Eastern
3 part webinar series
Are you buried under the wave of data surging across your desk? This webinar series will focus on effective use and management of home health agency data. Each webinar will demonstrate practical ways to use your data to make your agency stronger. These webinars are available individually or as a discounted series and recordings will be available through April 9, 2016.
Managing by Data – January 12, 2016
The volume and types of data collected by home health agencies often overwhelm agency managers and staff. Successful managers need to sort data for efficient use, analyze its meaning, and use it to make sound decisions. This program offers guidance on how to accomplish this task. We will identify sources of data, recommend a frequency plan, determine relevant content for management reports, and recognize problem areas identified by each report. Learn to develop targeted plans for problem areas and discuss using reports to monitor progress of corrective action plans.
1. Identify various data types available to agency staff – Fiscal, Organizational, Quality and Compliance Data
2. Describe how to optimally manage and use data to achieve identified goals
Survey & Certification- Survey Ready in 90 Days! – January 26, 2016
Regulatory changes in 2015 and beyond mean Home Health and Hospice providers can expect very different Accreditation/Medicare Certification Surveys in content, approach and expectation. What might have resulted in a “passing” survey will not meet today’s standards. This program will provide a 90-day Timeline to Survey Readiness based on a PDSA approach and applying quality management principles to the agency’s data. The focus will be on assessing readiness in primary risk areas, establishing compliance goals, creating a PDSA process to achieve them, and maintaining a level of readiness.
1. Identify the 5 primary focus areas of the survey process
2. Identify the steps to follow in preparing agency/staff for the survey process
3. Identify the 10 most common citations and establish a prospective remediation plan to avoid them
Winning the Medicare Triple Crown – February 9, 2016
Do you understand the data behind the 5-STAR ratings? Will your agency be ready to implement the proposed QAPI changes in the Medicare Conditions of Participation? Implementing QAPI is a daunting project, even without the additional stress of the star rating system. Learn how to prepare for both of these without overtaxing agency resources. This webinar will demonstrate how to use your data to build a solid PDSA Plan to improve your 5-STAR Ratings by fully integrating QAPI into the fabric of your organization.
1. Identify the proposed changes to the Medicare Conditions of Participation
2. Identify the elements of the 5-STAR rating system and how your agency can impact these elements
3. Discuss the steps for a successful PDSA QAPI process to improve and maintain your agency’s STAR ratings.
Kathy Roby, BSN, MA, MS, CHCE, Senior Project Manager, Qualidigm. Kathy is the Consulting Director at Qualidigm, which is New England’s QIN-QIO. She has lectured nationally on transformational change in the home healthcare setting. Roby has assisted large and small agencies to develop strategic initiatives to improve quality, safety, and cost-effective service.