- April 2, 2020
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Join our live webinar series to learn how you can manage mental health issues during the COVID-19 pandemic. Listen live or to the recorded version. To sign up see below. Join us for just one webinar or the whole series. For questions call 716-863-0743.
Webinar #1- The Importance of Therapeutic Relationship and Boundaries– April 2, 2020, at 12p.m. EST
Being able to develop a therapeutic relationship is the hallmark of an effective working relationship with a patient. This webinar will review how to establish a therapeutic relationship and how to set boundaries and limits to create a relationship that fosters positive outcomes.
1.Describe strategies to develop a therapeutic relationship
2. Describe how to create an effective verbal contract with your patient
3. Differentiate a healthy vs non-healthy relationship and the importance of boundaries in the relationship
4-Describe how to set limits with our patients
Katherine Vanderhorst, President, C&V Senior Care Specialists
- Psychiatric nurse with over 20 years of clinical experience.
- Previously developed clinical marketing support for Fortune 500 Pharmaceutical Companies
- Sales Director for over four home care agencies
- Regional Sales Director over 6 Northeastern States
- Published author – co-conducted two research studies on the clinical and cost effectiveness of psychiatric home care; as well as several articles co-written with Dr. Carson on the Becoming an Alzheimer’s Whisperer Program.
- Board certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse
- General Manager over $20 million market in Western New York
Dr. Amy Craven, Vice President, C&V Senior Care Specialists
- Doctor of physical therapy with over 25 years of clinical and leadership experience.
- Dedicated professional regarding clinician/caregiver education on how to effectively treat the patient with Dementia.
- Dr. Craven has extensive professional and personal clinical experience with those diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.
- She served as Administrator of Western New York branch of a National Home Health Care Company.
- Additionally, she was the Rehab Director for a National Home Care Provider.