- September 15, 2015
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
The Trials & Tribulations of Home Health Documentation
Webinar: September 15, 2015
Have you noticed recently the emphasis on Home Health documentation either in ADRs or MAC communications? It’s an old health care saying – but it still rings true – “If it’s not documented, it’s not done!” Some would also add, “If it’s documented, but not legible or signed appropriately, it’s not done!”
This 90 minute webinar will focus on:
- Brief overview of who is looking at your documentation and its need to support your claims and indicate COP compliance
- Getting & documenting the clinical info you need at the point of referral to assist ICD-10 coding
- Documenting Homebound status
- Documenting medical necessity by focusing on 5 major Home Health coverage areas: wounds; injections; teaching; diabetes; and observation and assessment
- POC Documentation needs including diagnosis decision making; what medications to include; and, POC statements re: daily skilled nursing; anticipated length of stay in home health; management & evaluation narrative; and, therapy goals.
- Verbal order documentation
- Signature requirements
- and How to make documentation corrections per CMS requirements
Judy Adams, RN, BSN, HCS-D, HCS-O, AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM Trainer, Adams Home Care Consulting, Inc. is a well-known health care consultant and speaker with over 30 years of healthcare experience and extensive experience in home care and home health management. Judy frequently speaks nationally on home health coverage; coding; HH COPs; PPS and medical review.