- April 5, 2018
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
There are so many assessment tool options available to home care, but so little time to research them all! Home care physical therapist and educator Ernest Roy has taken the deep dive to provide webinar participants with an evidenced-based review of tests suitable for field use by Physical and Occupational Therapists. Roy will focus on data norms for specific populations, as well as highlight minimal clinically important differences as well as specificity and sensitivity. Utilize the data you collect from intake to discharge, and improve your functional testing efficacy.
At the completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Perform at least 6 key functional tests with their patients
- Select tests for specific patient populations based on research demonstrating test validity and reliability
- Identify normative values for tests with specific patient populations
- Differentiate between minimal clinically important differences to allow proper test result interpretation at re -assessment
- Utilize data on test specificity and sensitivity to correctly interpret test results
- Gauge patient progress and efficacy of therapy program thru correct use of functional testing
- Understand how to use functional testing to plan appropriate and safe discharge
Target Audience: This program is geared towards Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Registered Nurses, Physical Therapy Assistants, Occupational Therapy Assistants working directly with a wide variety of patients and settings such as Home Care, Rehab Centers, Outpatient, Hospital-based.
Presenter: Ernest Roy, PT, CPT, is the Home Care Therapy Team Leader for Pemi-Baker Community Health, in Plymouth, NH. He is a certified Chronic Care Management Trainer and holds certification as a Strength & Conditioning Specialist from the National Strength and Conditioning Association. Ernie has extensive experience in a variety of roles, including Acute Care, Outpatient, Home Health and Industrial Rehabilitation. He has been in practice as a Physical Therapists for 30 years.
Registration Fee: Member rate is $169.00 – Non-members $269.00. The live webinar includes the opportunity to ask questions of the presenters, however there is no additional fee for the recording.
Continuing Education: The presenters and program planners have no conflict of interest regarding this webinar. To apply for contact hours, please mail an evaluation form and a completed sign-in sheet, listing the individuals at your facility that participated and noting those requesting contact hours. No commercial support has been provided for this program.
This program has been submitted to the New Hampshire Physical Therapy Association for 1.5 CEU credit for approval. Information provided in this program should be used within the scope of practice.