- February 21, 2018
11:30 am - 12:30 pm
Wednesday, February 21, 2018 from 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM EST
This is an online event.
Who Should Attend
This session is intended for clinicians, behavioral health workers, community health workers
Brenda Jenkins, RN, D.Ay., CDOE, CPEHR, PCMH CCE
Michele Kelvey-Albert MPH, CHES
The New England Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organization (QIN-QIN), in collaboration with the Rural Health RoundTable, invites you to join an informational webinar on February 21st from 11:30am-12:30pm.
This webinar will feature presentations focusing on CHW roles in shared responsibilities and chronic disease management in rural communities.
Upon completion of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Recognize the process of building a CHW program in a rural and/or underserved area;
- Describe the role of a CHW in diabetes management;
- Evaluate options for program payment and funding sustainability;
- Describe how CHWs help providers reduce barriers of care via shared management of patients;
- Identify the role of the CHW in reducing manageable health disparities and how this influences outcomes in chronic disease; and
- Consider the logistical challenges in developing a new CHW position and embedding it into the daily operational workflow.
Click above or here to register
We look forward to your active participation in this session.
The New England QIN-QIO